DVOC Main Page > Meetings / Programs > May 5, 2005 Minutes
Archive of Minutes
Minutes of the DVOC
June 2, 2005
Guest President Colin Campbell gaveled us at 7:40. 39 members and 5 guests attended. The minutes for May 19 were approved as read.
The meeting was unusual for the first meeting in June because we had a regular speaker. In order to fit in both the May-run reports and the speaker, we dispensed with almost all committee reports. Few tears were shed.
Membership: Anita Guris announced Sean Cass, Samuel Perloff, Eileen Krause, Tim & Reiney Harley, Joe Delasantro, and Bernard Morris as our newest members.
May Run Reports
The following May big-days (though judging from the fact that 2 weekends were included, some people don't seem to be able to count) were reported on:
• Colin Campell - DVOC PocomokeTrip, May 6-8
• Keith Russell - Philadelphia Big Day, May 9
• Eric Brendell & Nikolas Haass - New Jersey, May 13-15
• Brian Quinlen - NJ WSB run by the Upper Main Line Punk Rock Doves YMCA Division C Team, May 14
• Cody Pitz - NJ WSB run by the Upper Main Line YMCA U-Terns Division B, May 14
• Bert Filemyr - NJ WSB run by Nikon/DVOC Lagerhead Shrikes, May 14
Clem Fisher, on a visit here from Great Britain, presented "Australian Birds in Philadelphia and Other Unexpected Places: A Tribute to John Gould's Assistant, John Gilbert". This was the one date we could mesh her schedule with the club's, and the extra effort was well worth it.
The meeting adjourned at 9:30.
Paul A. Guris, Secretary